- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 bar of butter (room temp)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips or raisins (any topping of your choice)
HOW TO COOK:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, light brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until it is evenly distributed.
- Combine the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until the ingredients are fully mixed together.
- Add the rolled oats and chocolate chips or raisins and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop the mixture and put it in a baking pan. Press and shape it according to desired shape and thickness.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes. Adjust according to preferred ‘chewyness’. (fewer minutes = more chewy)
- Remove from the oven and arrange in a cooling rack. Let the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies stay in the rack until it totally cools down.
- Share and enjoy!