- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 piece raw egg
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- 1 cup bell pepper (red and green combined)
- 1 medium sized onion, quartered
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 3 tablespoons of water
- 8 tablespoons cooking oil
HOW TO COOK:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, minced onion, salt, ground black pepper, egg, and bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop about 1 to 2 tablespoons of mixture and form into a ball shaped figure. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan then pour-in 6 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, pan-fry the ball-shaped mixture until the outer side turns brown.
- Once done, turn off the heat and transfer the fried meatballs on a serving plate or bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a separate cooking pot then pour-in remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, sauté the garlic.
- Add the quartered onion, sliced carrot, and bell peppers then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks and cook for 1 minute.
- Put-in the tomato ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar then stir.
- Pour-in water and let boil.
- Add the cornstarch diluted in water and cook until desired thickness is reached.
- Turn off heat then ladle the sauce over the pan-fried meatballs.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy